Thursday, October 2, 2014

Calendar Girls



I made this for this month's Calendar Girl challenge.  The request from our hostess was to make a Sympathy card.  As we all need them way too often, I decided to make six of them, so next time, I'm ready.  I used butterflies because there is something so peaceful about them.  I haven't had to many experiences of deaths of close family other than my grandparents, aunts and uncles who all lead very long fulfilled lives.  But, last year when my brother died, there was this yellow swallowtail butterfly (I think that's what it was called) that hung around in a bush in front of my parents house for 2 days, then we saw another one later that week.  It wasn't a type that either of my parents had remembered hanging around before.  We took it as a sign that my brother was at peace and suffering no longer.  I'm hoping I can keep these cards in my stash for a long time

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a pretty card Linda--I love the layout and the butterflies are perfect for a sympathy card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

hmmm... I don't see anything on this blog post. But I'm sure your card is lovely, Linda... because Barb said so. ;)

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the colors you used. The sweetness of the card and the cute 'lil bow are just perfect.