Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Minions Happy Birthday



I made this card for my friend's little boy.  He is away at camp for the next two weeks and will have his 8th birthday this Saturday.  I found him this for a gift.
They saw the movie while they were on vacation and I thought it might be fun for him to have something new to wear for his second week at camp.

To make the card I found this coloring kit at my local Walmart.
I came with coloring pages inside, a sheet of stickers and some crayons all for $1.  My main goal was to have something to work with to make a card with.  So I cut up the back cover to get my little minions.  Then I had a little bit of the arrow and the grab & go sign in my square so I decided to make some balloons to cover them up.  I made my balloons with a circle punch and then snipped the corner off a piece of paper for the bottom.  I attached white bakers twine with mini glue dots.   I stamped the background with some SU Birthday Sketch stamps and sponged a little blue color so it wasn't plain white.  My card is a 5 1/2" square.


I kept the inside simple.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you need a laugh, whether you are 3 or 103, I encourage you to go see Despicable Me 2.  It's hilarious.

4 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Fun, Linda! I like how you used bakers twine on the balloons.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Linda, this is so cool! Love the upcycling you did for the card and how it coordinates with the gift! Fun!!!

Gael said...

Very very cute!!

Carol W said...

Holy hanna Linda this is stinkin' cute. Love this card..and love the little guys...just went to see a movie with my granddaughter that had these cute little characters in it..Great job..so glad you are a friend and fellow crafter!!!